Sunday, December 15, 2013

rope light installation for P+L fall13

I have been creating visual displays, window dressing, installation for Parts + Labour in Hood River, Oregon for 5 years. 

Every season coming up with a new design, creating it by hand, and installing it. Sometimes it is simple, other times it is very difficult.  So it goes. 

I love creating and thinking up new ways to visually catch people's attention as they pass by. With any luck, they enter the store.  That's the goal!  

P+L recently changed locations and needed a grand re-opening window display. The new look is very Scandinavian modern.  

I have been wanting to make some pendant rope lights for some time. Here was my chance. 

I thought it was going to be easy to unwrap and re-wrap a 1.5" manilla rope with a cord placed inside. Well, I know why they cost so much... It is VERY difficult. 

I cannot imagine the new space without them... They are modern and really offer a nice amount of lighting. 

#makersgonnamake 

Jess. 




great news: I got a phone call from a friend the other day and she would like to buy a few of these rope lights!!! Yeah!  That is the whole idea. 

Who wants one?   They are 16' or 9" long. 

www.hellojessicalevin@gmail.com 


1 comment: