Saturday, May 5, 2012

give me a k i s s

the columbia art gallery in hood river, oregon approached amarett jans + myself about creating an installation that is interactive.  an installation that will intrique the younger crowd.  we said, "y e s" 

my inspiration: a few of my favorite things...
kissing, typography and doodle-ing. 

this is our flyer made by amarett jans.



g i v e  me  a  k i s s
the ideas here is to give me a kiss on the small paper that i provided, with the lipstick i also provided as my medium.  after the k i s s, i tacked the paper on the wall... watching in grow with each k i s s!  into a wall of kisses.  
beautiful kisses.  who does not like that? 




hand wrote k i s s on each 100+ cards...


my smallest lil artist:   eula leon erasmus age 3



s a t i s f a c t i o n   g u a r a n t e e d
the second half on my interactive installation was a large 3'x6' panel with the type, "satisfation guaranteed".  with my fear of letting people down--- it seemed right.  i attached a small shelf next to the panel with paint pens on it.  the pens where used to doodle onto the type.  it was hard at first to see my crisp-clean panel get "tagged".  it was great, my fiends + gallery guests had a great time putting their art on my 'art'. neat!
(typography script found from the web) 

columbia art gallery.  hood river,  oregon

m e. 

my soul sister: sarah morton- erasmus - a talented metalsmith
go check her out!  www.mejewelryco.blogspot.com


superb doodle-ing



show will be up through may!  go add your doodles and kisses. 

xxx jessica


w h a t ' s   y o u r  n u m b e r
my friend amarett jans, created an amazing installation on the other side of the wall from me.  she had a live model with an illustrated paint by number on her face.  the guests helped fill in and completed her face into an amazing skull. so awesome.  
our work was very yin-yang.  that is why we have such and amazing friendship and artistic relationship.  xoxo.








jessica + amarett
5.2.12

   

No comments:

Post a Comment